JOB POSTING FOR MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN POSITION
AES Mong Duong Power Company Limited (the “BOT Company”), the owner of Mong Duong 2 BOT Power Project, is a limited liability company formed by affiliates of The AES Corporation (USA), Posco Energy (Korea) and China Investment Corporation (China) with following structure:
AES Mong Duong Power Company Limited has successfully developed and arranged capital for the Mong Duong 2 BOT Thermal Power Project with a capacity of 1242 MW with a total investment of about 2.1 billion USD. This is one of the first and largest build-operate-transfer (BOT) thermal power projects in Vietnam, contributing nearly 2.3% of the installed capacity of the national power system.
For more information, please visit: https://aesmongduong.vn/
- Position: Mechanical Technician
- Location: AES Mong Duong Power Company LTD.,
- Mong Duong Ward, Cam Pha City, Quang Ninh Province
- Job Description
The incumbent will be responsible for the repair, preparation of works, housekeeping and maintenance of all power plant equipment and associated system to assure safe and reliable operations.
- Overhaul inspect and repair various plant equipment and machinery per OEM recommendation.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and determine cause of equipment failures to pinpoint defect. Prepare tools, scaffolding, access, spare parts and other materials needed for the repair thereof.
- Performs assigned preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment, prepare access, tools, scaffolding, parts and other materials needed for the maintenance thereof.
- Perform the installation of new equipment making the necessary inspections, checking of parts, and adjustments prior to final assembly and start-up.
- As directed, may act as lead man in group work activities and may plan, direct, check and supervise work of teammates, contractors and suppliers.
- Assists, on an as need basis, other teams at AES/ Mong Duong.
- Is an active and participating member in the Plant Wide meetings and Safety Meetings
- May perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time. Is expected to work irregular hours and duties when needed or instructed.
- Ensures that correct Risk Assessments are carried out for all work under his responsibility.
- Strictly complies with corporate governance and principles, such as but not limited to Housekeeping, Safety, Environmental, and Code of Conduct and Discipline.
- Employee’s expectations and results will be measured on his ability to achieve goals, initiatives, and expectations as set forth and agreed upon between the employee and their Team Leader.
II. Job Specifications / Competencies
- Has preferable 3 years’ experience in the power or heavy industry in a maintenance role
- Good understanding and knowledge of our safety rules and procedures.
- Knows the use of measuring and alignment tools and equipment
- Is able to read and interpret manuals, drawings and spec. sheets
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office software is preferred or the willingness to learn
- Must be able to work independently with no or limited supervision.
- Basic English reading and writing skills are required.
- A basic understanding of a CMMS system is required, SAP ERP program is preferred
- Strong belief in AES values and Principles
- Capable of functioning and contributing as a plant and area team member.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link below to submit your application in English in our system:
- APPLY FOR MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN POSITION
- DEADLINE: FROM 09 SEPTEMBER 2021 TO 30 SEPTEMBER 2021
Human Resources Department – AES Mong Duong Power Co., Ltd.
Phone: (+84) 0203 626 1045 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Mong Duong Ward, Cam Pha City, Quang Ninh Province